Thursday, October 24, 2013

Off to Austin

Thursday, October 24, 2013
On the road to Austin

Today is our last day at Mustang Island State Park. We are going to miss the water and the cool breeze so much that we've decided on a two week stay in Gulf Shores, probably at the state park there. But for now we have to get to Austin where Peg's conference starts tomorrow. I'll be tasked with general clean-up, repair and laundry while she is gone ( in other words "I'm KING"). Here is our route:
It should take us about 5 hours, as slow as we go and with rest breaks. Hoping to avoid major traffic around San Antonio and Austin. From their web site, Oak Forrest RV Park looks very nice. Of course, I believe everything I see on the Internet. Austin is one of our favorite cities, and we're looking forward to 2 weeks there. It's time for some Texas Barbecue.

5 comments:

  1. i would have prefered you take the route through "Sequin" Texas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but why? What did we miss?

      Delete
    2. Kelley, we are still in Austin for another week. Should we backtrack or take a car ride down there? What's special about Sequin? Thanks! Peg

      Delete
  2. sounds like you are having fun. also sounds like my sister has you going in circles and you're only in TX.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's always running me in circles. This isn't the first time.

      Delete