Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Fort Myers Beach and The Fish House

Fort Meyers Beach
Tuesday, December 10, 2013


Today was an at home day. Yesterday we took a road trip south to explore the area from Naples on up to Venice. Nice sounding names, but not especially remarkable towns. We took I-75 down and 41 back. We had hoped 41 would be like the coastal road we’d been on Sunday when we went north. But route 41 is totally commercial. There was a good part to the day: we met with Sue, Peg’s old boss, and her husband Jeff. They were vacationing on the beach in a rented a condo at Fort Meyers Beach. We went to lunch at a restaurant, the Fish House, which we never would have found on our own. Thank God for “locals”.  We spent a couple of fun hours with them yakking about old times and new times. 
Jeff, Sue and Peg at The Fish House

Jeff recommended the Grouper Reuben. I love Reubens so that was an easy choice for me, as were the oysters, which were good, a little more "sea" flavor to them than the ones in Carrabelle. I was hungry, which is my excuse for forgetting to take a picture. We had gone to Five Guys the day before. This is where in the meal that I remembered to take a picture: 


I can recommend The Fish House but Five Guys not so much. Yes I ate it all, but that's not a recommendation. The fries are good, the burger large, but it's 2 regular patties one on top of the other. For safety reasons they cook the life out of them. We also had their hot dog. It's "Meh".  I dislike that word but it's perfectly describes the whole meal. The peanuts are good, and they are free.

No comments:

Post a Comment