Table shopping, another flea market and Edelweiss
I've been looking for a table to replace the one we've been using outside. I like the one we have, it's cheap plastic, light weight and the legs come off so it stores fairly easily, but it is big and in order to store it you need to put it on the bottom of the pile. More importantly, Peg has never liked it. The legs are wobbly, she says. It's a risk. I wanted to replace it with something that would fold so that it would be easier to get in and out of the back of the motorhome. We found a cheaply made one at Dick's Sporting goods, but it wasn't cheap, on sale for $60. We went across the mall to Lowe's on the off chance they would have what we wanted and by chance they had one left that would fit the bill. A sturdy, well made one for $40. We will give the old one to Jerry, our neighbor and the camp host in this park. Jerry is a hoot, as you can see below.
On the way home we passed a flea market called the Red Barn, a name that sounded familiar because that was where we were told we would find Florida avocados. As flea markets go it is pretty interesting. There is the usual junk but also a really nice farmers' market, which is where we did find the Florida avocados as well as more fresh strawberries. The Florida avocados are not like the familiar Hass variety, and I have no idea what they taste like. They are huge, like a child's football, and hard as a rock.
Peg found trinkets: some thirsty stones and another one of those solar flappers. This one is a lady bug. I can only be thankful that she isn't into trinkets that come in that little blue box.
We stopped in at Edelweiss for lunch. We both have been wanting good German beer and food and this place supplied them. Peg had a weisswurst and I had the Bavarian schnitzel.
![]() |
| Bavarian Schnitzel |





No comments:
Post a Comment